Thank you for visiting us. At Combined Underwriters of Miami, our goal is to meet all your insurance needs and make the process as easy and convenient as possible. With highly competitive rates and superior customer service, we’ll find the policy that is right for you. Located in the heart of South Florida, we are conveniently located to offer you personal, one-on-one assistance. Let’s work together to determine the insurance program that is both effective and economical, while offering you security and peace of mind.
Hurricanes can shatter lives as well as damage property. Being prepared can help you, your family or your business minimize the impact of the storm. The best time to start is before the threat is imminent.
www.ready.gov explains what actions to take on this page when you receive a hurricane watch or warning alert from the National Weather Service for your local area. It also provides tips on what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
Combined Underwriters has taken precautionary steps and has contingency back-up plans to serve our clients through a catastrophic events. We want to assure you that we will be ready to serve you should you suffer a loss to your insured property. The following information will be helpful as you prepare and plan for the effects of a Hurricane.
- Most importantly, remain safe and do not take any unnecessary risks.
- Review Coverage limits and deductibles.
- Have policy number(s) available.
- Make note of time & date of incident and assess damages.
- Make temporary repairs as necessary to protect your property from additional loss and keep detailed receipts.
- Take photos of any damage before any temporary repairs are undertaken and later provide them to the claims adjuster.
- Report claims as soon as safely possible using one of the methods listed below
- Obtain written estimates from only licensed and insured contractors for permanent repairs which include details of the scope and cost of the work.
- Provide the estimates to the claims adjuster.
- Do not sign any contracts or documents for any permanent repairs or begin work without first communicating with the claims adjuster. Be especially wary of “Assignment of Benefits” forms that many contractors and restoration companies use.
Combined Underwriters will be staffed and working immediately once the storm passes and the authorities have deemed it safe to return.
To report a claim
Phone reporting to agency:
Combined Underwriters (305) 477-0444
Direct to the Insurance Company: Refer to your policy documents for claims reporting instructions via phone or online.
Thank you for your trust and please remember to be safe.